In celebration of Canada’s sesquicentennial, ttra International will be hosting their 2017 Annual International Conference in Québec City this June 20 to 22.
The program features many well respected Canadian researchers who will speak on topics of interest to researchers like yourself. Examples include:
- Jon Bromstein, Analytics Lead, Google Canada: Gaining Deeper Insights with Digital Footprints and Social Listening
- David Goldstein, President & CEO, Destination Canada: Facts Matter
- Lisa Lavecchia, President and CEO, OTMPC: Gamification in Destination Campaigns
- Dr. Anatoliy Gruzd, Director of the Social Media Lab, Ryerson University, Canada Research Chair in Social Media Data Stewardship: Social Listening: How To Do It and How To Use It
- Dr. Heather Mair, Associate Professor, University of Waterloo: Exploring the Potential and the Promise of Memory-Work in Tourism Scholarship
- Chantz Strong, Executive Director, Michel Dubreuil, Manager, and Dmitry Shkolnik, Digital Research Analyst, Destination Canada: Storytelling Research to Inspire Action
- Donna Larsen, Partner, DataPath Systems: Estimating Visitor Volumes
- Andrew Orawiec, Research Analyst, Tourism, and Cultural Industries Division, Government of Nunavut: Challenges and Opportunities Researching with Indigenous Populations
- Michael Rodenburgh, Executive VP, IPSOS: ttra Talk
- Dmitry Shkolnik, Digital Research Analyst, Destination Canada: Estimating Visitor Volumes
Academic Papers from Canadian Institutions Including:
- Centre for Tourism Research
- L’Université du Québec à Montréal
- Ryerson University
- Université de Moncton
- Université Laval
- University of Alberta
- University of Guelph
- University of Manitoba
- University of Ottawa
- University of Waterloo
- University of Prince Edward Island
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- York University
Additionally, ttra International brings to us speakers from the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia, offering Canadian researchers the opportunity to learn innovative methodologies and new ways of doing research from experts from around the world.
With a line-up like this, we knew we could compete. As such, we have suspended the ttra Canada conference for 2017 and cordially invite you to attend the International conference in its place. While certain parts of the conference will seem different, many parts will be familiar – guided tour workshop on Tuesday afternoon (rsvp required when registering), visual papers, Canada AGM, hospitality suite, friendly faces, networking, dancing with lobsters, etc. (ok, maybe not the last one…)
Canada will also be hosting its AGM on the first day of the conference, that is on Tuesday afternoon, June 20th. Be sure to attend!
You can find out more about the conference by clicking on the links below.
We look forward to welcoming you, our Canadian members, to Québec City in June.
TTRA Canada Board of Directors