The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking an individual to join our Policy, Planning and Performance Excellence Branch as the Planning Manager.
Reporting to the Director of the Policy, Planning and Performance Excellence Branch, the successful candidate will be the Departmental expert related to tourism sector performance (i.e. visitation trends, consumer habits, industry dynamics, performance metrics, etc.) in order to lead and enable Departmental strategic and operational decisions regarding marketing campaigns, product innovation, etc. The candidate will be an integral part of the development, management and execution of strategic goals and objectives for the department in regards to the tourism industry and other relevant sectors (Culture, Sports and Recreation, Parks). The duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage departmental performance metrics /information/business intelligence to enable strategic and operational decision making for tourism and other sectors;
- Manage departmental strategy processes, documentation/records and evaluations associated with the GNB Formal Management System;
- Manage business analysis for strategic, operational and project decision making;
- Represent the Department and the province with respect to the System of National Tourism Statistics, as well as with other federal, provincial, and industry research groups;
- Management and supervision of staff; and,
- Other duties and responsibilities as required and/or assigned.
Click HERE to access full job advertisement.