The Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA), was formed in 1970, and has over 700 members worldwide. It is an association of tourism research and marketing professionals with Chapters in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia.
The Canadian Chapter of TTRA is dedicated to individuals interested in advancing the quality and effectiveness of tourism research and marketing. The Association fosters the value and use of research in the marketing, planning and development of tourism in Canada. We are a non-profit organization with the following objectives:
- To serve as a forum for the exchange of ideas and information among members in research, marketing and planning through publications, conferences and networking;
- To encourage professional development and cooperation between producers and users of travel research;
- To facilitate access to sources of information to support research efforts, and to collect and disseminate research of interest to the travel and tourism industry;
- To support the continual improvement and availability of timely and relevant research for the travel and tourism industry;
- To foster the development of travel and tourism research and related curricula in post-secondary programs; and
- To promote the development and application of professional research in the travel and tourism industry.
For a copy of the Chapter’s By-Laws, please click here.