Canada is home to about 80,000 different kinds of plants and animals. Wildlife is pretty much teeming in the land of Canada and would make a great destination if you want to enjoy watching animals in their natural habitat. Some of the animals you might find in Canada would include:
- Beavers – One of the most iconic animals you can see in Canada. This rodent is actually known to be the largest of its family in North America.
- Moose – Another iconic animal, the moose stands about 6ft tall and weighs a hefty 700 to 1500 pounds. This large animal is found almost anywhere in the forests of Canada.
- Polar Bear – Did you know that about two-thirds of the remaining polar bears in the world reside in the country of Canada?
- Bison – Fun fact about the bison, they are actually animals that date back to the Ice Age. These massive animals can weigh an impressive 2,000 pounds. Due to their meat and fur, these majestic creatures were nearly hunted to extinction.
- Killer Whale – Also known as Orcas, the Killer Whale is actually listed as an endangered species. These apex predators were hunted down not for food but because they were considered pests, and now they number only about 50,000 or so.
These are just some of the wondrous animals you will be able to find in Canada. There are actually a whole lot more if you have the time to explore.